The Park District does not carry medical or accident insurance for program participants. Participants should review their personal insurance before registering for Park District programs to be certain of adequate coverage.
Activity Guide Changes / Errors Disclaimer
Due to the large amount of information available in the Elk Grove Park District seasonal activity guide (brochure), errors before or after publication may occur. We apologize for any errors in this document, and we will advise you of any changes as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding when these situations arise.
Activity Withdrawal / Refund Policy
In order to receive a full refund, notification to withdraw from a program must be received by the registration deadline date. Please refer to the brochure for specific program registration deadlines. After the registration deadline, notification to withdraw from any program is initiated by completing a “Withdrawal/Refund Request Form” available at the Pavilion and Al Hattendorf Center customer service counters. Withdrawal/refund requests made after the registration deadline may be assessed a 10% (minimum $5, maximum $25) service fee per program based on the total program cost. Notification to withdraw from a contractual program must be received by the registration deadline or a refund will not be issued. After the class start date, withdrawals may be given on a prorated basis from the date of the submitted refund request, less the service fee.
- Withdrawals/refunds will not be issued after the class has been completed.
- A make-up class and/or refund will be arranged if a scheduled class is cancelled.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Individual programs may have specific refund policies. These programs include but may not be limited to: Kid’s Club, Preschool, Athletic Associations, Adult Leagues and Swim Team. Please refer to these programs for their specific policies.
- Due to the demand for participation in Park District activities and the limited number of spaces available, refunds will not be issued for classes that participants are unable to attend.
Camp Withdrawal / Refund Policy
In order to receive a full refund, notification to withdraw from a program must be received by the registration deadline date. Please refer to the brochure for specific program registration deadlines. After the registration deadline, notification to withdraw from any program is initiated by completing a “Withdrawal/Refund Request Form” available at the Pavilion and Al Hattendorf Center customer service counters and online.
- Withdrawal/refund requests made after the registration deadline may be assessed a 10% (minimum $5, maximum $25) service fee per program based on the total program cost. These requests must be initiated by completing a refund request form.
- Notification to withdraw from a contractual program must be received by the registration deadline or a refund will not be issued.
- Contractual camps are indicated in the Camp Activity Guide.
- After the class start date, withdrawals may be given on a prorated basis from the date of the submitted refund request, less the service fee.
- Withdrawals/refunds will not be issued after the class has been completed.
A make-up class and/or refund will be arranged if a scheduled class is cancelled.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Individual programs may have specific refund policies. These programs include but may not be limited to Kids’ Club, Preschool, Athletic Associations, Adult Leagues and Swim Team. Please refer to these programs for their specific policies.
- Due to the demand for participation in Park District programs and the limited number of spaces available, refunds will not be issued for classes that participants are unable to attend.
Code of Conduct
Users shall abide by all rules and regulations and shall conduct themselves in a safe, considerate, and reasonable manner so as not to cause disturbance or to damage equipment or property. Users will display respect, consideration, and courtesy to all members, participants, staff, and Park District property. The Park District reserves the right to discontinue an individual’s use or membership because of disruptive or unsafe behavior.
Criminal Record Check
Criminal record checks are completed for all employees. Checks are also completed for all volunteers and coaches working with children and/or seniors.
Early Registration / Activity Changes
There is a point when the decision must be made to stop taking registration for an activity because it is filled, or to cancel an activity due to low enrollment. We reserve the right to change program content and/or schedules as needed. Please note the registration deadline listed for each program.
All facilities participants are expected to follow the rules of the facilities. Specialty areas of the facilities (example: Pavilion Fitness and the pools) have posted signs stating special rules specific to that area. Disregard or abuse of facility rules may result in removal by staff or police from the facility for a designated length of time or permanently.
Gift Card Terms and Agreements
This card is valid for merchandise, programs, services, memberships and admission fees to Elk Grove Park District programs and facilities excluding Fox Run. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced. For balance Inquiry, call 847.437.9494.
Purchasing Gift Cards
- Minimum Amount for gift cards is $15.00. No Maximum.
- No expiration date
- You cannot consolidate multiple gift card balances to one gift card.
Redeeming Gift Cards
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash or used to purchase another gift card.
- No cash will be given as change from the gift card. Any balance remains on the card.
- Gift cards cannot be used on HotReg, the online registration system.
- Gift card must be physically present at time of purchase.
- Gift certificates are still accepted but will be transferred to a gift card.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed at Elk Grove Park District concession stands but will be accepted at merchandise counters.
- Gift cards can be redeemed for pre-registration on special events and will not be accepted for walk-up registrations for any special events. If you have any questions about whether your gift card can be redeemed for any special event or activities please call 847.437.9494.
- Gift cards cannot be used at our golf course, Fox Run Golf Links. If you are interested in purchasing a gift card from our golf course, please visit their Pro Shop at 333 Plum Grove Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 or call 847.228.3544 for more information.
For any additional questions about Elk Grove Park District gift cards, please call 847.437.9494.
Healthy and Safe Parks
Along with many other Park Districts, the Elk Grove Park District has adopted a reduced chemical policy when maintaining the lawn areas in our parks. However, for a short time each spring, you may see a few dandelions in our parks. These dandelions are a sign that the Elk Grove Park District has limited use of chemicals that are typically sprayed to control weeds. This is done in an effort to minimize the impact on our environment. We mow regularly to keep weeds down. According to natural lawn care basics, we try to keep our grass three to four inches high. This allows the roots to grow strong and access water deep in the ground. As a result, the taller grass naturally shades out some weeds. But, because we have reduced the use of chemical weed killers, dandelion flowers grow back quickly, oftentimes overnight. So, when you see a dandelion, just remember the grass is healthy and safe for you and your family. The Elk Grove Park District encourages all residents to use natural lawn care techniques. It’s a simple and cost-effective method of maintaining your green spaces.
Help Protect Your Community!
In an effort to reduce and eliminate senseless damage caused by arson, the Elk Grove Park District enourages you to report any information you have about individuals causing fire damage to Park District property. If the information you provide leads to the arrest of the arson perpetrator or conspirator, you may be eligible for a reward of up to $500. All communication between the arson tipster and the Park District are strictly confidential. The Elk Grove Park District will not release or disclose any information furnished by the arson tipster without the tipster’s explicit consent and approval. To provide a tip or get more information, contact 847.228.3499.
Observers of activities are also expected to behave appropriately. Parents, friends, and any other observers are held to the same standards of behavior as participants. If inappropriate behavior of a program observer is reported of observed by a staff person, the observer will be asked to leave by staff or police if necessary.
Registrants and participants of programs and special events permit the Elk Grove Park District to take photos and videos of themselves and their children for publication in the program catalog, web site and additional uses as the Elk Grove Park District deems necessary.
No person shall use (i) any electronic, mechanical, manual, electric, digital, voltaic or other device, instrument or means capable of recording, producing, duplicating, reproducing, storing, copying, transmitting or displaying any visual, video, photographic, electronic, digital, recorded, or other visual image, pictures, or representation, including but not limited to any camera, photographic camera, video camera, fiberoptic camera, motion picture camera, television camera, camcorder, or videotaping device, or (ii) any cell phone of any type or kind regardless of its capacity or lack thereof to produce a visual image, in any restroom, locker room, lavatory, bathroom, shower facility, or dressing room, in any building owned, leased to, or under the control of the Park District.
Any person violating or disobeying any provision of this Ordinance may be arrested by police hereinafter appointed to enforce this Ordinance and may be fined upon conviction the sum of one thousand dollars ($1000.00), which fine may be recovered by an action in the name of the District in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.
Most of the information accessible on the Elk Grove Park District’s websites does not require you to identify yourself at all. You may access it anonymously. However, the Elk Grove Park District does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We seek to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business with the Elk Grove Park District.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, products or further information.
- To communicate with you regarding services or programs that you have requested – for example to send you a statement or a receipt.
- To identify you if you have a concern about a service or product that you have requested.
- To advise you about changes to our web site and of service interruptions.
To send promotional, special events and news related only to the Park District.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Elk Grove Park District is the sole owner of the information collected on its website. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the Elk Grove Park District unless we first notify you and ask you permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below. The Park District may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill.
Protection of Personal Information
The Elk Grove Park District takes every precaution to protect your personal information on the Internet. We protect your account information by requiring you to enter a unique Login ID and Password each time you want to access your account information. Your password should never be shared with anyone.
This web site uses a secure server for conducting online transactions. All credit card and other payment information that you transmit to us will be protected by 128-bit encryption technology. Security technology requires that you have a browser version 4.x or better, to be capable of supporting 128-bit encryption. In general, you can determine whether you are on a secure site by looking at the symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. You can be sure you are using a secure server if the key is unbroken or the lock is locked.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security at our website, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The park district may collect and store information for statistical purposes. For example, the park district may count the number of users to the different sections of the site to help make those sections more useful to users.
Links to Other Websites
The Park District’s websites contain links to other sites (e.g. community links, business links, etc.). Please be aware that the Elk Grove Park District cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of each and every website that you visit before you provide any personal information. The Park District’s privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the Park District’s websites.
Services for the Disabled
The Elk Grove Park District does not limit participation in activities due to a disabling condition. Customers with special needs are asked to contact Customer Service at 847.437.9494 to make us aware of your special needs so we may contact NWSRA for assistance.
Presently, all Park District indoor facilities, including spectator/viewing areas are designated as non-smoking areas. In addition, Village ordinance no. 3074 is in full force and effect. This ordinance states that it will be unlawful to smoke in unenclosed public places, including all parks, playgrounds, school grounds, public sidewalks within 15 feet of a public entrance, and the public right-of-way (sidewalk to sidewalk) along the routes of special events. Thank you for your cooperation.
Trip Withdrawal / Refund Policy
Notification to withdraw from a trip is initiated by completing a “Trip Refund Request Form,” available at the Pavilion and Al Hattendorf Center customer service counters. Refunds will not be issued on or after the registration deadline unless the ticket is resold to another or the trip is cancelled.
The Elk Grove Park District guarantees your satisfaction with our recreation programs and services. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact us at 847.437.9494.
The Elk Grove Park District has experienced vandalism within several of its parks and facilities. We need your help to stop these criminal acts. If you witness anything suspicious, please call 911 immediately. If you notice graffiti and property damage in the parks or District facilities, please call the Elk Grove Park District hotline at 847.228.3502. You may also make a report on the comment area of our website. Any assistance from our residents is greatly appreciated in reporting and putting an end to these crimes. Please know that the Elk Grove Park District will prosecute perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law.
Warning of Risk
Recreational activities/programs are intended to challenge and engage the physical, mental, and emotional resources of each participant. Despite careful and proper preparation, instruction, medical advice, conditioning and equipment, there is still a risk of serious injury when participating in any recreational activity/program. Understandably, not all hazards and dangers can be foreseen. Depending on the particular activity, participants must understand that certain risks, dangers, and injuries due to inclement weather, slipping, falling, poor skill level or conditioning, carelessness, horseplay, unsportsmanlike conduct, premises defects, inadequate or defective equipment, inadequate supervision, instruction or officiating, and all other circumstances inherent to indoor and outdoor recreational activities/programs exist. In this regard, it must be recognized that it is impossible for the Elk Grove Park District to guarantee absolute safety.
WiFi – Internet Usage
The Elk Grove Park District now allows for personal computer equipment to access the Internet via our wireless network throughout various areas of the Pavilion Building.
- Persons utilizing the wireless connection agree to comply with all provisions of the current Elk Grove Park District Internet Policy.
- The Park District’s wireless connection is unencrypted and mostly unfiltered. Use of the wireless connection is made at the patron’s own risk.
- By using this connection patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any wireless service. For that reason, patrons expressly agree that they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the park district harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use of access into the patron’s computer.
- It is strongly recommended that you do not use the wireless system to transmit personal, financial or legal data. It is not possible for the Park District to protect you against malicious theft or interception of such data transmitted over our network.
- The park district accepts no responsibility for any software downloaded and/or installed, programs or email opened, or sites accessed while patrons are on the wireless Internet connection. Any damage done to the patron’s equipment from viruses, spyware, or other internet-borne programs is the sole responsibility of the patron; and the patron holds harmless the Park
District from any such damage.
- The Park District accepts no responsibility regarding the ability of patron owned equipment to connect to the wireless network. Park District staff will not change settings on patron equipment.
The Elk Grove Park District retains the right to amend this Internet Use Policy as needed.